1. I’m currently in the process of changing my major. I started going to Santa Fe in the Fall of 2012 with my major then being Engineering. I earned my AA in the spring of 2015 and transferred to UF with my declared major being Computer Engineering. After taking Summer B, and subsequently Fall classes there, I found that I really didn’t enjoy my major, so here I am back and Santa Fe just trying to find some classes around things that I have always truly loved. I’m hoping that writing might be a better fit.
2. I was born in Memphis, Tennessee, and I lived just West of Memphis across the Mississippi river in a town called, surprise, West Memphis, Arkansas. I lived there until I was 5 years old and then my family moved to Gainesville; however, my dad still owns my deceased grandparents’ house there. I have other family, on my dad’s side, in Tennessee.
3. I’ve lived in Gainesville, FL since 1999, and I have gone through all of my schooling here before moving on to Santa Fe.
4. In the Summer of 2013, through Santa Fe World Travelers, I went on a trip to China for two weeks where we saw many places of historical significance such as the Great Wall, the Terracotta Army, and the Forbidden City. After this trip, I took a semester of Mandarin language because my time in China increased my interest in its culture.
5. I work at Jimmy Johns, a sandwich shop, as a delivery driver and have done so since the spring of last year.
6. I own a two-handed sword and kilt that I bought at the local medieval fair a few years ago. Sometimes I’ll shamelessly put on this outfit, watch the movie Braveheart, and yell a battle cry at all of the appropriate times.
7. I like world building, such as drawing fantasy maps and creating cultures, and I also like reading fantasy lore that other authors have created.
8. My favorite video game is Kerbal Space program. I like it because of how realistic the challenges of creating a working rocket are, and the great feeling of accomplishment you obtain for overcoming these challenges.
9. I enjoy singing, and I consider myself a decent singer. Mostly I like to sing jazz, but I’ve also sung with the Santa Fe Singers group here at the school.
10. I like to sketch from time to time when the desire to takes me. I’d like to sketch more often though to improve my skill in this area.